- Toor dal (Yellow Pigeon Pea)-1cup
- Turmeric powder (haldi)-½tsp
- Jaggery (gud)-1tbsp
- Dates (khajur)-2
- Cashew nuts (kaju)-1tsp(optional)
- Tamarind paste (Imali)- 1tsp
- Red chili Powder- 2tsp
- Tomato- 1small
- Green Chilly-2
- Ginger-2-3 slice
- Dried Red chili-1
- Curry leaves-4
- Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek leaves) -1tsp
- Methi seeds (Fenugreek seeds) – ½tsp
- Mustard seeds (Rai)-1tsp
- Asafetida (Hing) – ½tsp
- Water-2-3 cups
- To Boil Toor Daal: Take toor dal and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Transfer Boiled Dal into a bowl – add 1 cup of water and whisk until it becomes lump free and smooth or use hand blender to blend the dal.
- Heat a pan and transfer the dal mixture, add salt, methi seeds and haldi, and ½cup water -mix well and let it boil for 10 mins on low flame.
- Add jaggery, Tamarind Paste, Cashew, peanuts, Green chili, Ginger, dates – mix well and cook for 5-7 mins,
- To prepare Tadka- Take some oil and heat on medium flame – Then Add Mustard seeds, when mustard seeds starts popping add cloves, cinnamon, dried red chili, Kasuri methi, Hing(asafetida), and red chili powder. Turn off the flame after few seconds.
- Add the tadka into the dal and mix well. Then add chopped tomato, add some water and let it boil for 10 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with roti, sabji and rice.
for more click on youtube video below: