Basundi is a delicious Indian dessert prepared with Full fat milk, dry fruits and saffron. Basundi and Rabdi are prepared with the same ingredients but the difference is in the consistency. Basundi is comparatively thinner than Rabdi. When you evaporate basundi even more, it results in thicker texture. Thicker version is referred as Rabri.
- 2 liter of full fat milk
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/4th tsp of saffron strands
- ½ tsp of cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp. Almonds
- 1 tbsp. cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp. pistachio
- In wide heavy bottom pan add full fat milk.
- Let the milk boil on a high flame – Once it boils bring the flame to medium and pull the creamy layers aside.
- Add chopped Almond, Pistachio, cashew nuts and saffron.
- Mix well and keep stirring continuously.
- Boil milk till it comes down to one third quantity.
- Add sugar and keep stirring and cook for 4-5 mins on low flame.
- Add cardamom powder and boil it for 2 more mins.
- Scrape off the cream from the edges.
- Add the cream into the milk and lightly stir it
- Let it cool down completely
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Serve chilled and garnish it with roasted almond, pistachio, cashew nuts and saffron.
for more click youtube video below: