All-purpose Flour- 1tbsp
Cheddar Cheese (orange) – 3 slice or ½ cup
White Cheddar Cheese – ½ cup (optional)
Red chili powder- – ½ tsp
Turmeric – A pinch
Salt– ½ tsp
Oregano– ½ tsp
Chili flakes – 1tsp
White pepper powder- – ½tsp
Cilantro/coriander leaves- 1tbsp
1) Add 2tbsp Butter to a heated pan, once butter melts – add 1tbsp All-purpose flour and mix well.
2) Cook it for a min on low flame.
3) Add 2 cups of milk and mix. Once milk started boiling, add salt, red chili, white pepper, and turmeric. Mix it well. To maintain the right consistency add some more milk if needed.
Note: Mixture should not be thick and lumpy.
4) Add Cheddar cheese (Orange) and White cheddar cheese (or only one of them (1cup) – to the milk and mix it until cheese melts.
(Both Orange and white Cheddar have the same basic ingredients and it is only the presence or lack of a coloring agent that will make a difference between these two types of Cheddars)
5) Add Oregano, chili flakes, and cilantro (coriander). – mix it.
6) Serve hot with tortilla chips.